At Keller Williams, we believe that health and wellness are a top priority. We desire for every one of our agents to be healthy, happy, and full of energy. In light of this, we will be sharing wellness tips every Wednesday on our blog!
Today’s Wellness Wednesday focus: Sleep
Sleep plays a vital role in health and wellness. According to The National Heart Lung, and Blood Institute, getting enough quality sleep can help protect your mental health, physical health, quality of life, and safety. A good night’s sleep improves learning ability, heals organs, decreases the risk of obesity, bolsters the immune system, and much, much more.
In order to function at the best of your potential, a proper night’s sleep is a must. So here are some tips for getting that restful night’s sleep:
- Try to go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day. Getting into a routine will help set your body’s internal clock to optimize the quality of your sleep.
- Control your exposure to light. Avoid bright screens within two hours of your bed time. Yes, this includes computer screens, tv screens, and cell phone screens.
- Keep your bedroom cool. Most people sleep best in a slightly cool room with good ventilation.
- Exercise! Daily activity will help tire you out and you’ll be ready to sleep as soon as your bed time rolls around.
- Create a bed time routine. Do the same thing each night to train your body to know when it’s time to go to sleep. Some examples include taking a warm shower, reading, or listening to relaxing music.