… bring May flowers. And chase away potential buyers.
With the rainy season upon us, it’s time to discuss how to encourage buyers to come out in bad weather and how to keep your listing looking sunny.
- Lighting is key. Have the outdoor lights on, even if it’s the middle of the day. A brightly lit exterior will invite buyers in. Once the buyers come inside, make sure they enter a brightly lit space, not a dark cave. A well-lit space looks open and comfortable.
- Have a place for buyers to hang their wet raincoats and put down their umbrella. No one enjoys feeling soggy and cold, so allow them to walk through their potential new home dry and warm. Plus, your clients will appreciate not having to clean up rain water puddles!
- During your Open House, provide something warm to drink. Coffee, tea, or cider will go a long way to getting potential buyers in the right state of mind. Plus, it’s a great way to show case the kitchen!
- Encourage your seller to have some plants outside. Whether they are in the ground or in pots, flowers will brighten even the grayest of days. Don’t you just love the bright yellow of daffodils against a rainy April sky? I know I do!
- Make sure the rain gutters are clear! Believe me, buyers will notice the waterfall over the front door caused by a blocked gutter. You can even have your sellers install a focal point gutter out front to give the exterior more interest.
- Set up the back porch. The buyers may not want to go outside to see the great potential the deck has, but they will want to look at it from the window. Set up the porch for a summer party and have the buyers imagining the sunny days to come on their new back deck.
Are you interested in working with a company that will help your business succeed, rain or shine? Then give us a call at 215-631-1900 or email Jennie a email@example.com.