At Keller Williams, we believe that health and wellness are a top priority. We desire for every one of our agents to be healthy, happy, and full of energy. In light of this, we will be sharing wellness tips every Wednesday on our blog!
Today’s Wellness Wednesday focus: Massage
Who can argue with the need for a massage? Just in case you don’t think you need one, massage is what we’re discussing today.
mas·sage /məˈsäZH,məˈsäj/ : the rubbing and kneading of muscles and joints of the body with the hands, especially to relieve tension or pain.
- Alleviate muscle pain
- Ease medication dependence
- Increase joint flexibility
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Relieve migraines
- Lower blood pressure
- Increase circulation
- Reduce stress
- And many, many more…
Getting regular massages is a sure way to feel better. If you are an athlete, your muscles will thank you. If you have a stressful job, your brain and blood pressure (and muscles) will thank you. It really is a win-win!
Getting started with a massage “practice” is easy. Just search online for massage parlors in your area and book an appointment. Many businesses even offer a discount for new clients!
If you’ve booked your appointment, but want to start feeling better now, here are some ideas to ease tension at home:
- Give yourself a hand massage at your desk by following these directions.
- Use a foam roller to ease tension in your upper back and neck. Learn how here.
- Don’t forget your feet! Check out this guide to giving a reflexology foot massage.