Happy Thursday everyone! Every Thursday we set out to share a tidbit of real estate history with you. Do you know an interesting event, obscure real estate law, or funny real estate story that you’d like to see featured in our series? Then email Jennie with your contribution at email@example.com.
Today’s Throwback Thursday Tidbit:
1920: The Pennsylvania Association of Realtors was founded. PAR is comprised of residential and commercial Realtors® who subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
PAR seeks to:
- Promote homeownership
- Encourage investment in real estate
- Protect the right to own and use private property
- Enable members to transact business to the advantage and protection of the public and members
- Promote and maintain high standards of conduct
- Advance civil development and economic growth in the Commonwealth and among its citizens
- Work for economy and efficiency in government
- Lend assistance to the PA State Real Estate Commission and the State Board of Certified Real Estate Appraisers in the enforcement of their regulations.
Chartered in 1920 as the Pennsylvania Real Estate Association, today the Pennsylvania Association of Realtors® is one of the largest trade associations in the state.
Member services include:
- Legislative/Regulatory Advocacy
- Standard Forms
- Legal Hotline
- News and Information
- Meetings and Conventions
And that’s the history lesson for today! If you’re interested in a real estate future, give us a call at 215-631-1900 or email Jennie at firstname.lastname@example.org.