At Keller Williams, we believe that health and wellness are a top priority. We desire for every one of our agents to be healthy, happy, and full of energy. In light of this, we will be sharing wellness tips every Wednesday on our blog!
Today’s Wellness Wednesday focus: pets and your health
Our furry (and feathery, and scaly) friends can be so much more than just a companion. Numerous studies show that our animal friends can drastically improve our health. Here are just a few ways:
- If you have a dog, you are less likely to develop heart disease. All those walks with Fido really pay off!
- Petting your furry friend has been shown to lower your blood pressure.
- Playing with your pet increases your brain’s levels of dopamine and serotonin, which are neurotransmitters that are associated with pleasure and tranquility.
- Pets, especially dogs, are social magnets. Hanging out with your pet in public helps you make more friends.
- Pet owners over the age of 65 make 30 percent fewer visits to doctors than those without pets.
So the moral of the story: pets are great! If you’re interested please be sure to check out your local SPCA or adoption shelter.